A Brief History ...
A regular Gospel ministry was started in the spring of 1946 under the leadership of Hugh and Mamie Campbell. It operated as a Mission outreach, partially funded by Bethany Baptist church, Winnipeg. The Campbells held weekly Sunday Services and Bible studies at the Durston School, the Banks School, and the Fred Wilson home as well as a Youth ministry on Friday nights.
It was on April 25th, 1952 that a public meeting was held at the Banks School - the purpose of the meeting was to elect a church board to have supervision of the work in general. On April 7, 1953, the ministry expanded as a Sunday School was organized.
On September 28, 1953, it was decided to organize into an inter-denominational independent church, called Parkside Gospel Church.
Four years later, on June 3rd, 1957, the church accepted an invitation to join the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada.
Other pastors followed the Campbells and Frosts - Don Hogman, Gerald Dykema, John Unger, Bob Rother, Charles Gibson, Richard Libby, John Evenson, and Tim Diack. They each brought their own personalities of course, and spiritual gifts which have contributed to the ongoing ministry in various ways.
Today our church is made up of people of all age groups as we worship, grow, and serve together. Our congregation consists of a wonderful diversity of individuals and families from both rural and urban backgrounds who share a love for the Lord. We serve the children and youth of the Dauphin area through our Sunday School, Awana, and Youth programs. We also offer Sunday School and Bible Study groups for the adults as well. Our worship music is a mixture of hymns and choruses, old school and contemporary - a little something for everyone!