Please take note - March 14, 2020
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTE FROM OUR PASTOR:
One need only turn on the news for a short time, or take a quick look on-line, to realize that our world is rapidly changing in light of the current pandemic. In light of this new reality we want to respond in an appropriate manner as a body of believers; neither under, nor over reacting.
While it may be necessary in the near future to refrain from coming together for worship for awhile, the current plan is to go ahead with our church service / winter picnic tomorrow with the following caveats:
- If you have recently returned from travelling, and if there is any possibility that you may have come into contact with COVID-19, please stay home and self-isolate until such time as you can be deemed clear of the virus.
- If you are sick, please stay home. Not only are you protecting others by doing so, you are also protecting yourself from potentially contracting additional illness through a weakened immune system.
- It’s true that we like to greet each other with handshakes and hugs … but let’s refrain from these things as we come together over the next few weeks until the virus has been controlled or burnt itself out.
- Be sure to practice good hygiene – washing of hands, use of hand sanitizer, coughing into your elbow instead of your hands, etc.
- The message this Sunday will seek to address how we can respond to the coronavirus, and the fear that it has engendered in our world, as Christians. If you are not able to join us this week, but would like a copy of the message, please feel free to contact me and I can send a copy to you via e-mail.
- Pray – particularly for doctors and nurses – our frontline health care workers who will be facing this challenge head on.
- And finally, let us not walk in fear, but in a deep and abiding faith. While the world is changed, God is unchanging – He is the same yesterday, as He is today, and as He will be tomorrow. Our hope and strength are in Him above all things!
In Christian love,
Pastor Tim Diack
March 14, 2020
- - - -